Working for Us
Ferrous Metal Transfer serves the metal processing customers of our sister divisions—Ferrous Metal Processing, HyCAL, Ferrolux and Autolum in the Midwest and FerrouSouth in the South.
FMT provides outstanding reliability for our customers’ material transportation needs—we are a valued partner, delivering efficiency and cost savings.
We’re rapidly expanding our truck fleet and are hiring experienced drivers that are looking for a respectful, professional work environment, great pay, full benefits and the work/life balance of local and regional routes. Our drivers are home at least 5 of 7 nights.
Drivers will operate flatbed trailers with typical freight of Steel Coils, Steel Sheets, Steel Bars, Steel Plate, Structural and Tubes, Lumber, Sacks, Bricks, etc.
A great place to work.
We strive to deliver the best driver experience possible. From our new and professionally maintained trucks to our modern, comfortable depot facilities in Cleveland and Iuka, FMT is committed to providing our drivers with a superior work environment.
FMT is family owned and our culture reflects that with a caring, tightly knit workforce. Our drivers have a high level of satisfaction and enjoy being part of the FMT team.
To qualify you must:
- Hold a USA CDL Class-A or PR Class 9 license.
- Have 9 months minimum experience with 18 wheel tractor trailers.
- Pass a background check, pre-employment physical & DOT physical.
- Have a good driving record with drug free history.
FMT is currently hiring drivers for the following locations:
- Cleveland, OH: To cover the areas of Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Indiana
- Iuka, MS: To cover the areas of Alabama, Tennessee, Arkansas, Louisiana, East Texas
- We are also actively recruiting drivers in the areas of Orlando Florida to join our team.
A day in the life of an FMT driver:
Click below to view a typical day of an FMT driver: